What kind of wood do I need to choose for my blinds made of real wood?
When selecting the wood to make your blinds made of real wood there are some aspects to think about, including the climate of your region and the style of your house as well as your individual preferences.
- Climate If your home is in an area with a high-humidity climate you’ll need an option that is not prone to moisture, like teak or mahogany. If you reside in a dry climate you could choose a material that is more resistant to moisture, like oak or maple.
- Design: Consider the style of your home when selecting the material that you will use for blinds. If you’ve got a classic house, you may opt for mahogany and walnut. If you’re looking for a modern-day home, you may want to select a walnut or maple.
- Your personal preferences The most suitable wood for your blinds made of wood is the one you are most comfortable with. Take into consideration the color, grain, and texture of the wood before making your selection.
Here are a few of the most sought-after types of wood for blinds made from real wood:
- Basswood: Basswood is a lightweight, soft wood that is simple to use. It is an excellent choice for blinds that are placed in zones with high humidity because it is not susceptible to warping.
- Maple The maple is sturdy, long-lasting wood which is easy to clean. It’s an excellent option for blinds in areas that have a lot of traffic.
- Oak The Oak species are a thick, heavy wood that is extremely tough. It’s a great option for blinds in areas of extreme winds or heavy rain.
- Mahogany wood is gorgeous deep wood, which is impervious to fading and moisture. It is an ideal option for blinds in areas that have high levels of humidity or sun.
- Teak is an extremely strong wood that resists water, rot, and insects. It is an excellent option for blinds in extreme weather conditions.
- What’s the distinction between genuine as well as faux wooden blinds?
Blinds made of real wood are constructed from solid wood. In contrast, faux wood blinds can be created from a composite that looks like wood. Real wood blinds are more costly as compared to faux wooden blinds however, they are more durable and come with the appearance of natural wood.
- What is the best way to take care of real wooden blinds?
Blinds made from real wood need to be maintained regularly using an easy cloth with mild soap. If they are exposed to lots of sun it is possible that they will need to be cleaned every couple of years.
- How long will genuine wood blinds last?
Blinds made of real wood can last for years if they are treated provided they are maintained properly. But, the life span of blinds will be contingent on the kind of timber, climate, and frequency of use.