- Inside Mount: This is the most popular kind of blind mounting. The blinds are installed within the window frame. To measure inside mount blinds Follow these steps:
- Take measurements of the window’s opening in the three points: top, middle, and bottom. The narrowest of the three measurements to determine you’re “width” measurement.
- The height of the window’s opening from the farthest left, middle, and furthest right point. Make use of the longest of the three measurements for the “height” measurement.
- Outside Mount: This kind of mounting for the blind is utilized for window frames that do not have a frame or your window frames are too small to allow inside-mount blinds. To determine the measurements for outside mount blinds take these steps:
- The measurement should be taken of the width that the windows extend from the exterior edges of the frame to the edge that is outside of the frame.
- The measurement should be taken of the size of the glass from its top down to below the bottom of the frame.
- Bay Windows: Bay windows are the type of window that comprises at least three sections that extend away from the wall. To determine the size of bay windows take these steps:
- The width of every segment of the bay windows is from three points: the middle, the top, and at the bottom. Make use of the narrowest of the three dimensions as your “width” measurement for each section.
- The height of each part is a bay window, from its top down to the base of the frame. Take the longest of these three measures as your “height” measurement for each section.
- What happens if my window isn’t normal size?
If your window isn’t an average size, you can purchase blinds that are suitable for your window. The majority of blind companies provide customized blinds that can be crafted to fit any window size.
- What happens if I have a window that is curved?
For those with a curving window, you’ll need to purchase custom blinds. Many blind companies provide custom-designed blinds which can be designed to fit any window shape.
- What happens if I have a skylight?
If your skylight is large enough you’ll have to buy custom blinds. Many blind companies provide customized blinds that can be fabricated to fit any skylight size.
Here are some more tips to determine the windows that blinds will fit:
- Make use of a tape measure for precise measurements.
- Measure at the edge of your window, if you are measuring outside-facing blinds.
- If you’re measuring bay windows, measure every section of the bay window individually.
- If you’re not sure what to do about measuring your windows, you could consult a professional assistant.